jueves, 20 de julio de 2017

Tomgram: Engelhardt, Bombing the Rubble | TomDispatch

Tomgram: Engelhardt, Bombing the Rubble | TomDispatch

 " Think of this as my summary piece on 15 years of the American war on
terror across the Greater Middle East. It focuses on the way in which
the U.S. military’s much-vaunted “precision” warfare that was to change
the nature of modern military science, has turned out to be what I call
“bombing the rubble.” In my latest essay, I urge that two new words be
put into our language, “rubblize” and “rubblization.” The reason: they
catch the spirit of a decade and a half of conflict
in which major and minor cities across that vast region have been
literally turned into ruins with no immediate hope of reconstruction.
This is, in fact, a disaster of war-making to which Washington has
become addicted. You’ll find as well that this piece has a very
personal aspect, since it leads me back to 9/11, my own experiences, and
how TomDispatch began (with, believe it or not, the word “rubble”). I
hope you find this one provocative! "

 Support TomDispatch.com